IBPS PO Mains admit card out 2017-2018:”Institute of Banking Personnel Selection” has released the probationary officers preliminary result. IBPS Preliminary exam was conducted on October 7,October 8,October 14 and October 15. Candidates who have appeared for this exam and eagerly waiting for the result can now check their result from the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection official website.
Selection Process :
Candidates who have cleared the sectional cut-off and overall cut-off for the preliminary exam decided by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection board will be allowed to appear for Main’s exam. Admit cards/Call letters will be made available by IBPS soon in their official website.
About Institute of Banking Personnel Selection :
- The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection also known as IBPS, is a recruitment body that was started with an aim to encourage the recruitment and placement of young graduates in public sector banks in India (except SBI).
- After their nationalization in India in 1969, Indian banks needed to expand their branch network across the country so that they were more accessible to their customers. This required more staff but recruitment through methods such as advertising were unsatisfactory.
- IBPS is governed by a board that includes nominees from government organisations such as the Reserve Bank of India, Ministry of Finance Government of India, Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai, Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, National Institute of Bank Management, Indian Banks’ Association and the public sector banks.
- IBPS offers its services to banks in the public and private sectors, regional rural banks, and foreign banks. It also serves other financial institutions, including co-operative banks, insurance companies, academic institutions, and both private- and state-owned companies.
- The services are:
- Project consultation: assistance in conducting examinations for recruitment and promotion
- Assessment centres that help organisations in identifying the knowledge and skills of applicants for the suitable positions
- Personality assessments using group exercises and interviews to identify the candidates’ higher cognitive skills
- Training programmess for senior staff to help develop their observational and interviewing skills
- Workshops for people who design their own question papers
- Lists of experts who can conduct interviews or group exercises effectively
IBPS Main’s Exam Pattern :
|S.No||Section||No. Of questions||Marks||Time in minutes|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|3||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45|
|4||General, Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35|
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||2||25||30|
|Commencement of Call letter Download||10 – 11 – 2017|
|Closure of Call letter Download||26 – 11 – 2017|